Just a Small Town Girl...

Hey there, welcome to Peach Tea & Passports, two of my favorite things. Peach tea is a Godsend and have passport, will travel!
Poke around and get inside my head as far as I've allowed...I promise I don't bite unless provoked.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Old Friends & New Beginnings?

Ah me. I generally hate surprises. It's not that I do not wish to have surprises in my life - I just can't seem to trust many people to surprise me in ways that I actually want!
But God has a sense of humor and He knows best, so this past week I had a whole string of unexpected occurences and surprises, a lot of them having to do with reconnecting with old friends and seeing some answer to pray in bringing those relationships back to life.
Very excited to see what God has in store and how He's going to work in all of our lives.. I'm really praying we can encourage one another and be "iron sharpening iron" as opposed to just old friends laughing it up and being mediocre Christians, never influencing each other or the people around us for good or making an impact for God.

On the flip side, I started getting a little scared feeling like I had just graduated high school and was staring down a road of endless possibilities and choices without knowing where I'm going to end up and what I'm supposed to choose, if anything. In fact this seems even scarier than graduating almost six years ago because at least straight out of high school you weren't supposed to have things all figured out and could focus on college and use that to build more of the foundation that set you up for a career and all that. Now I'm a college graduate, full-time employee...and I'm supposed to know something about my future right? None of this finding-yourself balderdash. I should know what I'm good at, where my interests lie and how to be the best person God wants me to be. And while I feel that I know all of these things, I still am in total confusion about where it's taking me.

I do know that my road is taking me over to Ukraine this summer to help for two weeks at a summer camp with BIEM, a Baptist missions organization that I fell in love with last fall after one of the founders shared their work with my church. The tickets should be purchased sometime in the next two weeks and I am totally psyched about the opportunity to go over there and experience the work that the Lord is doing in Eastern Europe. The people there have gone through a lot of trial and hardship in their history but God is good and is working in great ways through the brothers and sister in Christ who are faithfully spreading His Word and showing His love to those around them. I know, I can do that here too, but I'm really excited about having the chance to meet fellow laborers and share in their work, even though it's just for two weeks in the same location. Technically we are all sharing in the same work, no matter where we are or who we are with, as long as it's for the Lord!

So those were my ramblings for now. I have so much going on in my head and a lot on my heart about so so many things and I am just in awe of how God moves in people at just the right time and cannot wait to see how He's going to move in me throughout each day to carry out His will. I just have to be willing and ready to give myself completely over to Him so I am fit and bold enough to do my part and be who He wants me to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment