Just a Small Town Girl...

Hey there, welcome to Peach Tea & Passports, two of my favorite things. Peach tea is a Godsend and have passport, will travel!
Poke around and get inside my head as far as I've allowed...I promise I don't bite unless provoked.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beware of Pretty Faces that You Find...


Day 6. A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
I know this is not exactly a picture, but I have a not-so-secret desire to be a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. At this point in time I'm working towards nailing the qualifications of an intelligence analyst. You have to be 23 years old to be a special agent anyhow and at this point the DOJ has a hiring freeze which prohibits me from submitting an application to work for the FBI (which works out because I have more time to enhance my appeal).
This job is not about getting to arrest criminals, carry a gun or look good in a suit; I want to make a difference in whatever job I have, but I want to know that the job I carry out is for a greater purpose. I love my country very much and while I do believe that every job performed here is for the good of our country, I would like to be in a position to directly impact the safety and well-being of this wonderful and amazing land and the people who live here.
"Secret agent man
Secret agent man
They've given you a number
And taken away your name"
("Secret Agent Man", Johnny Rivers)
On an aside, my fingers are blistered and aching from my foray back to the world of guitar playing. Had an awesome night learning the E minor chord which I can totally rock. I re-learned a few other chords but have a harder time keeping my fingers from touching the other strings and sounding dreadful. Oh well, it's fun to try even if I do have a couple blisters after only an hour! At least it was a break from moving furniture and scrubbing walls, floors and furniture to within an inch of their lives!!
Carpe diem =)

No comments:

Post a Comment