Just a Small Town Girl...

Hey there, welcome to Peach Tea & Passports, two of my favorite things. Peach tea is a Godsend and have passport, will travel!
Poke around and get inside my head as far as I've allowed...I promise I don't bite unless provoked.

Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm An Ordinary Man

Day 8. A picture that makes you laugh.


Ok, background on this picture: what would be an otherwise lovely view of the NYC skyline (picture taken on 9/4/05) as seen from Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ, is horribly marred by the appearance of The Pink Couple. That's right folks. They are The Pink Couple.


The Sunday before Labor Day in '05 several of us took a ride down to LSP in between the morning and evening church services. I believe we went out for dinner somewhere and wound up here after the fact. This was quite the eventful outing as we were ditched by our other group of friends, discovered a railing with the title "Fort Mac" carved into the rusted, peeling paint, took some cheesy photos, sang stirring renditions of Evanescence's "My Immortal" and, epically, found our innocence destroyed by the appearance of The Pink Couple.


The Pink Couple decided that sitting on a bench in LSP and looking out at the New York skyline was the perfect mood-setter and determined that making out and fondling each other on said bench in aforementioned location was socially acceptable and somehow NOT vomit-inducing. The Pink Couple was overweight, entirely too pink and engaged in way too much PDA to be socially acceptable even at the Playboy Mansion. Seriously.

All in all, memorable day but HORRIBLE sight...it makes us laugh and grimace and cry all at once to this day.
"So take, take me home

'Cos I don't remember

Take, take me home, oh Lord

'Cos I've been a prisoner all my life

And I can say to you"

("Take Me Home", Phil Collins)

No comments:

Post a Comment