Just a Small Town Girl...

Hey there, welcome to Peach Tea & Passports, two of my favorite things. Peach tea is a Godsend and have passport, will travel!
Poke around and get inside my head as far as I've allowed...I promise I don't bite unless provoked.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Frightened of This Thing That I've Become

Day 20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel. This may sound silly but right before I traveled to Italy with my brothers and grandparents, I watched a Disney film called "A Far Off Place" about a girl who lives in Africa, a snobby city-boy visitor and a native African friend who are abandoned when their families are killed by poachers. I was completely taken in by the scenery and the idea of traveling in Africa to feel that sense of freedom and life that is so evident in the rhythm of their music and nature. Combine that experience with the fact that I love Toto's "Africa", which served as my personal theme song during the Italy trip, and I devised this plan in which it became one of my goals and hopes in life to go to South Africa and climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Only time and God's will can tell if I shall ever recognize this dream, but it's a pretty cool idea if you ask me. I'm still looking for the person who is willing to embark on such adventure with me.

"I hear the drums echoing tonight

But he hears only whispers of some quiet conversation

He's coming in 12:30 flight

The moonlight wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation

I stopped an old man along the way

Hoping to find some old, forgotten words or ancient melodies

He turned to me as if to say, 'Hurry girl, it's waiting there for you'

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I bless the rains down in Africa

Gonna take some time to do the things we never have"

("Africa", Toto)

1 comment: